Aaahh...the beauty of pure sheepskin; who hasn't let their fingers sink into the plushness of a beautiful sheepskin rug or had their feet glide into a warm and cozy sheepskin slipper or boot during the cold winter season.
Sheepskin has been used for millennia by mankind to fashion clothing and footwear
We gathered a few facts about sheepskin that you may find interesting:
Sheepskin is quite simply one of Mother Nature’s perfect creations.
No other natural or man-made fibre possesses the virtues of 100% sheepskin. The unique combination of the sheep’s leather skin on one side and wool fur on the other offer remarkable properties:
Sheepskin is great for any season. It keeps you cool during the summer and warm in wintertime, because of the breathing property of the wool’s hollow fibres. Its fibres breathe, acting like a natural thermostat for your body. These hollow fibres can absorb up to 30% of their own weight in moisture without feeling wet, keeping you perfectly dry regardless of the weather. It is always comfortable because it is extremely soft, and it provides a comfortable cushion of air, giving that luxurious feeling.
- Sheepskin is gentle on your skin because it contains the moisturising lanolin (wool fat), a basic substance similar to that found in human skin. The natural lanolin provides a luxuriously soft feel against your skin, hence it is perfect for a baby to lay on or for an elderly person.
- One of the natural characteristics of sheepskin is the crimped fibres that form natural cushioning of your body. The three-dimensional spiralling of each fibre acts like a natural spring.
The natural resistance of sheepskin fleece to mould, dust mites and even bed bugs can help avoid getting sick. A good quality sheepskin for babies can minimize illnesses and allow for a good night’s sleep for the baby, as well as mom and dad.
- Wool does not shed, because it’s attached to the skin, that makes it hypoallergenic. It isn’t woven and then brushed up, like wool pile fabric that is loose enough to be pulled out or worn off. Sheepskin wool is embedded into the leather.
- Highly resistant to snags, tears, wrinkles, soiling and pilling.
- Due to the leather/wool combination it never sags, always retaining its shape. The wool side of the skin is naturally water-resistant
- Sheepskin is static-free, fire retardant and in fact, stronger than steel
- What a marvellous natural material it is...
- Please, take a look at our New Collection of High-Quality Sheepskin Products and get in touch should you have any questions.
Sheepskin is one of the few raw materials that nature will never exhaust. In terms of a human’s basic needs, it has incredible value as protective clothing, and in some cultures, shelter!
The fact that it is both aesthetic and ecologically sound is pure icing on the cake.
A well looked after sheepskin will stand the test of time and last for decades.
Indulge in the outstanding comfort and warmth only 100% genuine Sheepskin can give you....it is worth it...you deserve only the best...
Share this post
- Tags: New Blog Post, New Products, Sheepskin, Sheepskin boots, Sheepskin footwear, Sheepskin rugs, Sheepskin slippers, Store News