Turkish Hammam Bath Towels, Bodrum, Very High Thread Count
A Pestemal (also Peshtamal, Pestamal or Peshtemal; from Turkish: peştamal) is a traditional Turkish towel used in Turkish Baths, Hammams. The Pestemal was originally designed to help individual bathers maintain their privacy. A staple of the Ottoman Hammam culture, dating back hundreds of years.
It is not just a wonderful bath towel due to its high absorbency, the Pestemal dries faster than its thicker conventional counterparts.
Handmade on manually operated looms in Anatolia by artisan weaver families, 100% hand-dyed Turkish Cotton, no mass production, no artificial fibres, very high quality, high thread count.
PLEASE, NOTE: THE IMAGES SHOWN HERE REPRESENT ONLY A PART OF OUR SELECTION. DESIGNS & PATTERNS/COLOURS CHANGE WITH EVERY SHIPMENT. THE BEST IS TO EMAIL US AND WE WILL SEND YOU PHOTOS OF WHAT WE HAVE IN STOCK. AS WE ALSO TRADE AT VARIOUS LOCAL MARKETS, IT CAN CHANGE QUICKLY WHAT WE HAVE AVAILABLE. THANK YOU, WE ENDEAVOUR TO OFFER OUR CUSTOMERS THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE.
TO "KICKSTART" THE ABSORBENCY OF YOUR PESTEMAL, AS A ONE-OFF TREATMENT ONLY: SOAK IT OVERNIGHT IN COLD WATER WITH 1 CUP WHITE VINEGAR ADDED. IT OPENS THE FIBRE & PREPARES THE FABRIC.
PLEASE, NOTE: NEVER USE FABRIC SOFTENER!! IT COATS THE FABRIC AND PREVENTS WATER ABSORBENCY!!
After that, wash at 40 Degrees in the washing machine, PLEASE, ENSURE YOUR WASHING MACHINE DETERGENT HAS NO INBUILT SOFTENERS!!
And the more it gets washed, the softer it becomes, how amazing!
- A Pestemal towel lasts for years, even decades and is a valuable addition to our gorgeous Argan Oil Hammam Spa beauty care products.
- It absorbs water faster than a traditional towel, dries very quickly.
- They take up less space & are lightweight, this makes them more suitable for travels.
- Is easy to carry and is therefore used as an alternative to the towel in bathrooms, pools, spas, beaches, sports facilities, as a shawl, picnic blanket and for baby care.
- They can be used as scarves or shawls, sarongs, sofa/bed throw, yoga towels or for sports activities with their rich colours and texture options.
The Pestemal fabric is made of 100% Turkish cotton produced on manually operated looms in Turkey to a 600-year-old tradition.
We are sure you will be pleased to know that they are not mass-produced and do not contain any artificial fibre.
The yarns get hand dyed a year prior to being woven and the artisans have full reign over the design and colour of their product.
That means we cannot fully guarantee that the exact same pattern/ colour will be available on our next shipment, but only slight variations are observed.
Bath Towel 860mm x 1800mm